Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 24, 2014

The Colorado section of the walk is coming to a close.
I'm kind of bummed about the incoming heat/humidity I'll be faced with in the Midwest/Northern part of the USA, but I'm excited to see friends in Nebraska, so I guess it balances itself out. This past Sunday I stayed in Aurora CO, after meeting Ben and his family on Couchsurfing. Very nice people, and extremely knowledgeable. I traveled north of Denver on Wednesday, arriving in Brighton CO around dusk, and setting up camp at Veterans park. I had forgotten about exchanging my tent at REI, so it took me about an hour to figure out how to put the new one together. I plan to make it to Greeley by tomorrow, and start this second half of the walk.

Here's the most recent pictures I've taken. Sorry they're not in order.

Downtown Pueblo, CO

Downtown Denver

Monument, CO

Capital Building


On the way to Colorado Springs

Horses




Heading to CO Springs. Storm forming.

Sedalia, CO


Watermelon House in Pueblo?







Downtown Denver




Shelter I made during a storm, heading to CO Springs.


Heading to Denver

Monument, CO


Cloud Change

Denver Public Library

Windmills between Walsenberg and Pueblo

side view of shelter


Monument trailhead



 

Another storm, Another shelter

Pueblo to CO Springs

No comments:

Post a Comment