Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014

This past Thursday, I arrived at Lake Capote which is about 15 miles west of Pagosa Springs and a part of the Ute tribe reservation. I met Craig Reinhardt, the park manager and we got to talking about why I was walking, how far I'd come and where I was heading. He told me I needed to watch a movie he owned called "Article 99" which was released in the early 90's and dealt with a lot of the issues going on with the VA today. I agreed, and couldn't believe this was the first I was hearing of the film. Definitely recommend it to anyone interested in the political side of VA health care. Once the movie was over he informed me that he and his wife would be attending a wedding in Albuquerque, NM on Saturday and if I was interested, could ride down there to visit my Uncle Tim and Aunt Holly for a night. I graciously accepted and we left Friday afternoon. It was awesome to see my aunt and uncle, as well as my cousins Jenna and Maddie. We watched the Kings take the Stanley Cup, and I got to see a couple games of the World Cup. After being on the road for 10 weeks it really meant a lot to be with Family and get caught up with what has been going on. I met back up with Craig on Saturday night and we headed back to Colorado. Sunday morning I said goodbye to everyone at Capote, and thanked Craig again for the unexpected weekend event. I finally made it into Pagosa Springs campground around 6pm and set up my tent. 
From here I have to pass over Wolf Creek which has an elevation on 11,000 but that seems to be the only major mountain I'll cross through the Rockies. It should take 2-3 days so I will be updating around that time. 
Thank you again to all of you for your continued support, and I will try to include pictures next post. 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading all of your adventures and such! You have a place to stay for awhile if you come through Nebraska!! Also my town is very famous for the 4th of July! So if you come through this way around then stop by. Seward, Nebraska the Fourth of July city

    ReplyDelete