Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18, 2014

I've crossed over my first Rocky Mountain. I reached the summit of Wolf Creek on Monday around 6:30 pm, and continued trekking down for a couple more hours before finally setting up my tent. 
While on the road, there were a ton of cyclists riding along the 160, in what I found out was a marathon across the country. 
The looks on the faces of a couple bikers was kinda funny, as they saw me with my pack humping up the mountain. I equate it to having good Drill Instructors during boot camp. 
Not much else on this end. The views are incredible. Thought Id share.

Campsite in Pagosa Springs
Heading towards Wolf Creek








Entering the Woods.

Just a few of the cyclists and crew.




Water everywhere.


Decided to put on a long sleeve shirt around this point.

View from the Top.
Not to bad.

Obligatory Selfie.






Ski Area.


Decided to call it a day.
Nice to have a river next to you.








Made it into South Fork

2 comments:

  1. Wow...those views are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are incredibly beautiful and help us to better realize your experience. Please keep your words and pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete