Thursday, June 5, 2014

June 5, 2014

Ive made it to Durango CO. 
I need to give a huge thank you to James Campuzano. Through the website couchsurfing.com, I was able to stay at his place in Cortez for 4 days. This was a huge benefit to receive after walking through the reservation and into Cortez. During this time, I met some great people (Kevin, Issac, Mary, Shane), ate some great food (thanks to Issac and Mary), discovered some new music (wake up laughing and hello dollface) and also took a yoga class (Ive incorporated some techniques into my wind down session after walking for the day). James made me feel right at home.
It was a bittersweet feeling leaving Cortez. I will definitely need to return. 
As I told James and Shane, I think I'm falling in love with Colorado. This feeling was only solidified as I made my way to Durango. There is so much life here, ranging from animal to plant. Its beautiful and exciting to see so many flowing bodies of water.
I also happened to run into a couple i met in Flagstaff, who were also traveling through Durango. They were headed towards Pagosa Springs to work on a farm for a couple weeks.  We quickly updated each other on what was going on, and how cool it was to run into each other again.
This truly is a great place. 

1 comment:

  1. I may be off on my math a little bit, but that means ...

    you have travelled about 800 miles by foot!

    Truly amazing!!! Keep up the cause.

    ReplyDelete