Saturday, April 5, 2014

April 5th

Left Fontana yesterday, way past schedule. I wanted to be out of the house by 11am, but with every minute i realized something else that needed to be packed or finished up. I ended up leaving around 3pm. As i was heading down Citrus ave, a car pulled over and both doors opened. My sister jumps out and runs to give me a hug. My dad had just picked her up from school, went to del taco, and drove around looking for me to say a final goodbye for this trip. Thank you for the burrito. I didnt know how much i actually wanted it. I continued down the road, picking up some sunglasses from the gas station, and headed to the library. 
Its interesting how people look at me when i pass by. Most dont want to make eye contact with me, while others look at me with confusion. Its probably because I'm "Standing Tall, and Leaning Back" like we did in boot camp when going on humps, or doing drill. I nod to however maintains eye contact, but again, I'm some unknown transient so I guess.
Side Note: Being the type of person I am, I like to create interactions with people just to see how they will respond to my presence. An example of this "I saw a guy collecting money for homeless veterans outside of the post office in Fontana. I started to walk over to him, with full intention of giving him my info card and talking to him about my walk. Right when he looked up and saw me approaching, he immediately busted out his phone and started a conversation. Real or not, no attention was given to which i assume he thought i was gonna ask for money. and i should have. youre collecting money for homeless vets, as far as you know im a homeless vet (I had my jungle boonie cover on, feeling awesome), why is this not adding up. SCAM.
The library was pointless. I just wanted a map, but they wouldnt let me (have one) haha. I did happen to stop by the Rec center for a Bathroom, and like a creep, left a card on top of the vacant computer the cute receptionist was using. I know, my game is flawless.
Figured id head to the Veterans Park, seemed logical. When I got there, a BBQ was going down. I sat there, watching dudes fighting each other wondering what the dad pushing his daughter on the swing must be thinking about it. Probably nothing. I dont give a shit, they were just boxing, but doing that at 5pm on a friday in front of kids is stupid.
Figured id be able to walk some more before calling it a night, and with an American Legion close, I dipped out. Wish I knew AL was a bar, because they didnt give a fuck about what I was "doing". Sure they had places I could of stayed, the cook even told me to hold up real quick hed ask. No one ever came back. 
not even trying to be negative, i just assumed the best. Luckily I prepared for the worst and camped at a park up the street from the AL. Started this morning at 4am trying to avoid detection at the park. When i got out of my tent, there were people already exercising. lol.
Im in Colton now. Times running out on this computer. 
Until next time. 
Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. We're so proud of you, Nathaniel! Stay safe out there and know that we are always here for you.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete