Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

Currently at Chiriaco summit. Arrived yesterday night and to my surprise there was free dry camping grounds located behind the General Patton museum. Pitched my tent, and basically slept the entire day. Tomorrow will be here sooner than I know, so I must keep this brief. 40 miles until I hit desert center, from there another 25 to Blythe. I have enough food and water to ensure a successful trek, though I must admit I am a bit nervous. It is reassuring to know that drivers will call CHP on you. Funny story, I was taking a quick break while on the I-10 freeway. Apparently I appeared to be dehydrated or sick, so a few concerned citizens called 911 for help. Unbeknownst to me, I continued walking, full of life and carrying plenty of water. I started getting way to into my music and was putting on quite a performance for the cars. As I happened to look over my shoulder, I saw a fire truck and ambulance trailing behind me. I'm sure people passing by thought I was filming a music video or something. I assured the emergency responders that I in fact was alright, had plenty of water and was not ill (at least physically) haha. CHP came soon after and advised me to seek refuge under a bridge instead of in plain site. I assured him I would and thanked him for being so understanding. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for today's entry, Nate. I am learning from you as you describe your challenges while on this very long walk. You give me encouragement for the challenges of my life; that if you can do what you are doing, then I, with God's help, can carry on with my daily challenges. You are a good writer, which makes me look forward to your daily entries. Mary Mizerski - a Washington family member.

    ReplyDelete