Saturday, September 27, 2014

September 27, 2014

Today marks the sixth month I've been walking on the road. I started March 27th out of Ontario California, and have been heading east towards Washington DC raising awareness for homeless Veterans and Veterans with behavioral health issues (such as post traumatic stress, anxiety, depression). I'm excited to also cross over into Indiana today, knowing I'm that much closer to reaching my goal.   Yesterday's walk was fairly short but I was still able to meet quite a few people who stopped to talk with me and even brought gatorades and a nice home cooked meal. I could not have made it this far with out the help and support of people I have encountered and I truly am grateful for your generosity. Thank You. 

I had some pictures I wasn't able to upload from my train ride into the city so I figured I'd put them up now. Thanks again for reading and if you'd like to support me in my Walk to Washington you can donate at www.crowdrise.com/natewalks 

See you on the road. 










12 comments:

  1. stay safe just saw you on sail trail in Park Forest,il good luck out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate just saw you heading East on Sauk Trail, how can I help you make your trip easier? Stay safe and god bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just saw you walking down East Sauk Trail too! You must be close to 394 now. Your doing an amazing adventure! God Bless your travels and cause! Your Chicago pix were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw you on the Indiana side of the border. Rock on brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God Bless you. Thanks for the selfie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just spotted you on Rt 30 in Schererville indiana. Good luck and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just saw you on route 30 in Schererville Indiana. Good luck, stay safe and God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw you on US 30 in Schererville Indiana! Your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw you on US 30 in Schererville as well and texted myself to remember to look up "natewalks.com" when I got home tonight. What a wonderful thing you're doing! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spent a few brief moments with you on your journey. Truly inspiring. Hope the gatorade and beef Jerky gave you enough protein and electrolytes to make it dinner and keep moving with your purpose. May the sun shine upon your face and the wind be always at your back. God speed

    ReplyDelete
  11. My wife and I saw you on 30 in Valaparaiso, we made and care pack and went back but we couldn't find you! Good luck and safe travels! Ron and Kristen George

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw you east of Wanatah, IN on Rt. 30. Had to share with facebook friends :)

    ReplyDelete