Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October 1, 2014

Well it's the first day of October, which means that the walk will be over before I know it (I started walking on March 27th 2014 from Ontario California in order to raise awareness for homeless veterans and veterans with behavioral health issues). Granted there is still 600 miles between where I'm currently at ($tay 4 Le$$) and Washington DC but I should be able to make that distance before the end of the month. This past Monday brought an awesome surprise. Having meet Brenda and Ryan upon entering Indiana, they asked me if I'd be interested in going with them to Chicago for the night to see WWE Monday Night Raw. I had never been to a wrestling event, so I jumped at the chance and had a blast. Hulk Hogan was even there. I had a great time not only there but also getting to know Brenda and Ryan. They were very curious about my walk and what inspired me to start. I told them about my own struggle with the VA system after being in the Marine Corps, and how I felt a huge injustice was being done to prior service members. 
After going to Walmart to buy some new inner tubes and tires for my cart, I thanked them again for their generosity, said goodbye and continued walking east. 
From here Im hoping to be in Fort Wayne by the weekend, and continue on before the weather decides to get really cold. 
Special Thank you to those of you who helped spread the website on Facebook or brought me gatorades and waters. Your support allows me to continue on each day. 
For those of you who would like to contribute to the walk, you can donate at www.crowdrise.com/natewalks 
The money received through that website helps provide me with essentials needed for the walk, such as warm clothing, inner tubes, food, and even a motel room every now and then. 
Thank you again

See you on the road. 

Nate

1 comment: