Saturday, October 25, 2014

October 25, 2014

These past couple says have been pretty challenging, mainly due to the hills, but it has also been very rewarding. I'm now in Maryland, meeting great people along the way, and seeing some amazing scenery along the way. Plus I got to talk to my mom yesterday on her birthday. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a couple weeks. 
Thank you to Jeff and Brenda Martin for housing me for the night after I made the trek up Uniontown mountain. I had a fantastic time getting to know you both, talking about the walk, and meeting your daughter and granddaughter. 
It's pretty cool knowing I'm almost done with the walk, but at the same time I'm not there yet which means I have to stay focused and continue taking it a day at a time. 
And with that, I'll see you on the road. 







3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful adventure you are having in support of us vets!!! Oh how I wish I could have met you!! My daughter passed you yesterday around Keyser' s Ridge and told me about your site. You are an inspiration and as a Retired Veteran I THANK YOU!! May God continue to bless you and keep you safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just passed you on rt51 at mexico farms in the rollback. Safe travels and god speed my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to of met you Nate best wishes for a safe successful journey... Thank you for your efforts to bring awareness to veterans issues . My family enjoyed your visit stories keep in touch. We were happy to see u through a treacherous area along ur journey.

    ReplyDelete