Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October 28, 2014

I'm in Virginia. 
This past week has been pretty rough (hills), but I'm glad I'm out of the Appalachians and heading towards DC. It's crazy to think that yesterday was the 7 month mark of the trip, and I'm almost at my destination. With everything that's happened so far it was a bittersweet moment. There are still issues surrounding veteran welfare that have not been addressed, but hopefully once the walk is completed we can bring them to light. 
Thank you to the road angles who have helped me along the way, whether through words of encouragement, food, shelter, or donations. 

See you on the road. 

7 comments:

  1. Go Nate Go! You are almost there. Hope you can stick around for the free concert on Veterans Day. You deserve a front row seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met you today along your route out of Winchester,VA! What a great thing for my children to see -- someone with I vision, and the actions to manifest that vision! Kudos. I look forward to hearing of your safe arrival in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I just saw you about an hour ago on route 7 in Virginia. We then decided to go to your website. This is a wonderful thing you are doing. Good luck on the rest of your journey. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw you walking up Route 7 mountain in Bluemont. Good luck on the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey man I passed you earlier today on Hamilton Station/Dry Mill and just wanted to wish you luck on the last stretch of your journey, it's a great thing you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nate - what is your phone or email? I am lining up press and they already want to contact you. Great meeting you yesterday at Boulder Crest Retreat in Bluemont, VA.

    Other viewers - please send me know if you have Nate's contact info to henry.stoever@gmail.com or text to 301-787-9700

    thanks,

    Henry Stoever

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw you on the 28th with my grandchildren and my daughter . The kids now refer to you as NATE the Great. You made quite an impression on them.
    You are one fine young veteran. Keep your eye on the prize. Semper Fi Marine

    ReplyDelete